CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Prayer request


This is Von. He is my oldest brother Jason's three year old son. Yesterday he was diagnosed with Leukemia. This is a shock to the whole family, and we have been praying for him, and also for his Mom, Dad, and three sisters. There are decisions to be made, and we pray that God will speak to them, and show them the next step in this journey.
Von is three, and I'm sure he quite can't figure out why everyone is poking him, and why he is in the hospital. He had his first round of chemo yesterday, and I would like to ask for this family to be in your prayers. Thanks.

8 comments:

Terra said...

OH Marlita! I will be praying for little Von and for God's healing hand, wisdom, and comfort during this time. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain it must be causing your family. Thinking of you!!

Robin said...

praying, praying.

Yvonne said...

Of course we'll be praying for Von and the rest of your family. We love you....and your family!

jennifer... said...

Absolutely.

Unknown said...

Marlita, I am so sorry for your nephew. I will keep him in my prayers and let me know if there are specific prayer needs.

Love ya

Beth said...

Oh Marlita—this just breaks my heart!

Yes, I'll be praying for little Von daily. I love what Pastor Chuck from Church on the Rock in Longview always said, "We need to pray for other people children as if they were are own." Please know I'll be doing that for Von.

Blessings on all of your extended family.

Anonymous said...

Things like this are just tough to come up with any words that make sense. We so love you guys and hurt and cry with you. God is able...

WheresMyAngels said...

I just read this on Charissa's blog. My heart goes out to them and many prayers are on their way.