CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 22, 2008

Sebastian's First Day


My boy is going once a week to a pre-school to get him ready for real school. He has two teachers and today was his first day. Goodness, what was I thinking? The day started with getting Evi off to school, and returning home to pack Sebastian a lunch, blanket ( for quiet time) and a stuffed animal that will help him lay down. Seeing what I was doing, he informs me nicely that he will NOT go to school. We debated back and forth for a while, and I'm wondering if this is a big waste of money, since he doesn't even want to go, and then I remembered.. I'm the Mom!
That's when I informed him not so nicely that he better get his bottom in the car, cause I was leaving, and he WAS coming with me. We arrive at the school, me with my camera to take a picture of my boys first day, and him clinging for dear life to my neck. I decided the picture wasn't that important, and I let the teachers know I had a rough morning with him ( like they couldn't tell by the way I was sweating and huffing and puffing), and I left him there screaming " MOMMY!!"
When I went to get him, I was expecting him to run into my open arms and tell me never to leave him again. Instead.. He was sleeping. And he didn't make a craft. I guess he knew I won that battle, but he's going to make sure I work hard for it.

6 comments:

Terra said...

Precious picture!! Where is he going to school?

Marlita said...

Arrow Heights Baptist Church, only on Friday.

Robin said...

that reminds me SO much of Elijah's first day of school.
-sigh- I miss having him live with me!! now he's in kindergarten!

Pan Cratius said...

Thank God its only 1 day a week

Jennifer said...

You got your picture afterall. I'm sure you won't let him forgot this story..you'll be telling his girlfriend(s) and never let him live it down.

way to go, remembering who is the mom.

I will definitely keep up with your family blog.
-Jen Chiodo

jennifer... said...

I'm enjoying all your back-to-school stuff!  Poor Sebastian -- you really do the meanest things to him...:)