CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Princess has a Family

I sold Evi's dress on e-bay. The one she used for Juan's cousin's party. I was bummed because I had never sold anything on e-bay and didn't know what I was doing, so I sold the dress for a lot less than what we paid. I was frustrated with myself for not at least getting my money out of it. Well... the lady who won it just left our feedback, and it made me cry. She told us that the dress was for her foster daughter who is going to be adopted, and she bought the dress for her adoption hearing. She went on to say that she ( the little girl) is thrilled with the dress and looks beautiful in it. It made my day knowing that there is a little girl somewhere, that is anxious to be joined with her family, and she will do it looking like a princess. It's worth it to lose a little money, and know that I made someone's day!

4 comments:

liesel said...

OK that just made me cry...again.

Mary Beth said...

How sweet! Do you have a picture of Evi in the dress?

Tim Rovenstine said...

Oma says I am so proud of you for first of all ebaying or whatever you call it, and also for letting go and blessing an orphan soon to be blest with a real familhy! You are great, Marlita. Keep blogging!

RoverHaus said...

Well...that didn't make me cry....but I was still touched by it.

Glad you have the perspective to see the bigger picture and what God is up to.