CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

School is Starting


I called the school this morning to find out when school starts, since I haven't gotten any newsletter/calls or e-mail from them. Well, open house is tomorrow, so I need to go school supply shopping. In all the hustle I started remembering when Evi first was going to school.
One of my fondest memories was when she was 5 and in Kindergarten. It was a big deal for me, my baby was officially in school. So when I got a call from the principal, I was shocked. But I was in for the real shocker...
My sweet little girl had taken a pocket knife Juan had won for Fathers Day as her show and tell that day! I wanted to cry. And laugh. So I had to go to the school to get the knife and explain to Evi why we DON'T take knifes to public school. She was so proud that Daddy won a knife because she was born the day before Fathers Day, she wanted the whole class to know. This is when she was in first grade.

5 comments:

Dalene said...

She is so beautiful! Taking a knife to school will be a good memory for her to tell her grandkids some day.

Yvonne said...

She's sooo funny. I just love that little girl!!!

little dalene said...

Her face looks so round and adorable in this picture! Too bad my Wii Fit says she is underweight now. Haha! That was too funny!

Anonymous said...

I remember Juan getting that knife on Fathers Day. Opa

Robin said...

your kids are just beautiful Marlita