CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Messenger of God

I mentioned in my last post about this upcoming birth that I was to be a part of. Honestly I was dreading it because I felt emotional about it. This little man's momma is 11 years old. It was difficult for me because I have an 8 1/2 year old daughter and I saw her through a mothers eyes. Why was this baby having a baby? She is my youngest client and it burdened me to think of her having to go through childbirth. Fortunately there is a family now that this little boy can grow up with, who will love him as their own and his birth mom can continue to be a child. I was touched to see that this little boy's name means "Messenger of God". I am grateful that even though no one knew of his arrival ( she found out in November) God has had a plan all along. 


And a huge thanks to my friend Yvonne who was willing to watch the kids for us that day! What a relief to have friends that can not only deal with their own kids but yours as well. Crosby, thanks for being willing to watch them too! I have the greatest friends!

5 comments:

liesel said...

He is a beautiful little boy. I hope the momma is doing OK.

Unknown said...

You have been a wonderful advocate for this little girl, Marlita. I am so proud of you and the work you are doing. I hope the grandmother who is raising this girl will now help her make good decisions. You have been a life saver for a little boy who is now in the arms of his forever family!

Unknown said...

He is adorable. I can't believe she was eleven. I am glad he is in a loving family. Your doing a great job Marlita. It takes a special person to do what you do. Love ya to pieces.

Dalene said...

Wow... my heart goes out to babies having babies. Thanks for your work. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

hi there! where did you get wespeakspanglish from? just wondering!