CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 29, 2008

The craziness comes to an end


Most years people get crazy once the holidays come into sight. Traveling, cooking, spending money, kids and presents, and family.

We had a great time with my sister and her family for Christmas. Since no one wanted to dog sit we decided to not go to Mexico... Just kidding, we didn't go because of other reasons too, but we finally decided to stick around this year. It was a fun time, the kids get along with each other, the girls played Scrabble and the guys were doing who knows what.
This past weekend we went to Bartlesville to see family. We had lunch with one of my many Uncles and Aunts, the kids had so much fun playing with cousins and we had fun visiting with family. Evi spent the night with her second cousins and had a blast! She said she roller skated in the house, and wanted to know if we could get some skates. Afterwards we went to see Nanny and spent some time with her. I told Juan on our way home that I feel she is getting old. I want her to know that we love her. To me the holidays are not about presents or food, but it is about the memories you make with family.
This coming year I will try to make more of an effort to love my family unconditionally, because they are who God has placed in my life. I am glad that I can sleep at night knowing that I am at peace, I'm not in debt, my children love me, my husband is faithful, I have a roof over my head and food on the table and I am blessed! Hope everyone this year can see the family they have in a new light, and can love unconditionally.

0 comments: