CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

I love my kids!

We went to my brother Jason's house yesterday and silly me forgot my camera, but I witnessed something that made me want to cry. My Aunt Mary and Uncle Steve are here, and their nephew Graeme is here as well. Well Graeme is great with the kids, I'm thinking of who to hook him up with, he is quite a catch. Anyway, he took all 6 kids on a walk on the golf course where Jason and Lisa are renting a house, and they were gone quite a while, when all of the sudden we see them coming back. I see Sebastian is the last of the kids, trailing behind. He was wearing his jacket around his waist because we took his pants off cause they were muddy, and he looked like a little Irish boy with a kilt. So he is the last of the kids, trailing behind about 20 yards, and I see that he is tired from his walk. All of the sudden his big sister stops and goes back to him. I am watching all from far off, and she bends down and he climbs on her back and she gives him a piggy back the rest of the way. She was my hero that day. I hugged her and told her how proud I was of her for looking out for her little brother. That's why I love my kids!

6 comments:

Pan Cratius said...

Well, I hope this story is told again and again. Others saw the same picture and told it to me in the same way.

liesel said...

Awww....

Anonymous said...

That is another reason we like Evi. The girls are enjoying your blog and pictures of Mexico. Hope you have a safe journey back. We got moved into the new house over the July 4th weekend. Needless to say...it is quite hectic/messy/insane/exhausing here.
Call me (use cell number, home has been changed) when you get back and enjoy your trip.
Kellie, Haleigh and Averee

Yvonne said...

what a girl. i'll tell you this..she didn't learn this all by herself! cute story. now PLEASE keep your camera with you AT ALL TIMES!!! when are you coming home???????????

Anonymous said...

Hi Kids!
It sure was a long drive to Mexico but it's worth it. Love your blog, and all the photos. Be sure to tell your Uncle Steve 'Hi' for me. I don't think I've seen him for at least 20 years. Give the kids and your mom and dad a hug for me, too. Miss you all, and love you!
Aunt Sharon

Rebecca Rovenstine said...

I love Evi! She is very mature for her age!
Also, I think your dad was wanting to hook me up with Graeme (did I spell that right?) when I was in town. I think that would be odd since he is my Aunt's nephew. hah.