CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Evi's Play Date

Evi was asked to have a sleep-over last night with her cousin, Liesel. So we figured since the girls hadn't seen each other in a while it was a good idea. This morning Liesel called to ask if Evi could go with her to a function at her church, and we said yes.
Today Evi got home and she was tired and hungry. She told me she had a lot of fun, and that she was busy all day. As I was giving Sebastian a bath, Evi showed me her bruise on her knee that she got while skating. She said, " Mom, do you know what Liesel did today?"
"No, what did she do?"
" She went to ask for an ice pack for me after I fell, and she had to go all the way around the skating rink to ask for it"
I love that Evi has a cousin like Liesel. Someone who would go searching for an ice pack after a fall, someone to have over for sleep-overs, someone to listen to I-pod shuffles with, and someone to be a friend.
I was telling Juan's family that the girls didn't always get along, but now they are best friends. I am glad to have a niece like Liesel, and hope that Evi can be as good of a friend to her as she is to Evi.

5 comments:

liesel said...

Aw, that is sweet! The girls woke me up this morning telling me they had spent 30 minutes cleaning the playroom, and they brought me "breakfast" in bed.....cut up bananas, crushed graham crackers, covered with Hershey's syrup....what I always crave every morning when I first wake up.

Mary Beth said...

Glad to hear you are back home. I hope you are feeling better and had a good time with your folks.

Unknown said...

Cousins are great. Megan and her cousin play great together of course they have there moments. I am also glad that you had a great trip. Hey, I think your next trip should be to PA.

jennifer... said...

Hey, glad you're back!  I really enjoyed following your trip.  I  didn't realize how beautiful it was where your parents are (and where you grew up).

RoverHaus said...

Cute!

I'm glad you're back home and with Juan (and that you don't have to go hugging any statues).