CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Piggy Backing & Dress Up

Okay, we don't technically have internet, so we are piggy backing off of someone. So it's hard to upload pictures to the blog when it takes forever. So, for now, no pictures but I can tell you what we did this weekend.
Juan mowed, and mowed some more. Then on Saturday we decided to go to Stillwater to see my cousin Caleb graduate. It's weird that I remember him playing soccer as a little boy( we are like 8 years apart, I'm older). So that was fun, and Sunday we stayed home. My brother Jason said the Amish folk go to church every other week. One week church, the next a day of rest. I figured I hadn't had a day of rest in a while. It was kinda nice.
This week is teacher appreciation week. They sent a note home saying to have the kids dress as:
Monday- Cartoon character
Tuesday-Mystery Person
Wednesday-Musical
Thursday-Western
Friday- Super-hero

I think whoever made that decision was dumb. No offense, but where am I suppose to get stuff to dress my kid up like a mystery person? I don't own a costume store. I bet Nanny ( my grandma who is almost 93) would have some great ideas.Oh, well. I hope she isn't bitter that she is the only one dressed like herself. Friday we'll have internet, but we are going to Ohio to help my brother Jason and Lisa with their move to Mexico.

4 comments:

liesel said...

I could send Ava with her on Friday as "Elasti-girl"....... By the way, how is dressing up like a cartoon character showing appreciation to the teacher? I agree, that was dumb.

Anonymous said...

I hate special dress up days too. My kids had to go as a "tourist" yesterday. Today they had to wear a hat or shirt from where they visited. My kids went in regular clothes. By the way it's Melissa an old friend of Charissas and I work with Juan now.

Yvonne said...

you didn't even mention our dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh...how rude. it must not have been that special!!!!!!!!!!!!! silly woman.

Anonymous said...

I'd probably rebel and just send them to school in pajamas, and let them figure out what statement I was trying to make. That thing you did for Caleb, was a stand in for a lot of us. Thanks. Those boys are being boys in the picture..Opa