CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Am I a Horrible Mommy?


So I gave away the guinea pig. I am wondering if my son will say at 18, " The reason I lit the cat's tail on fire is because you gave away my guinea pig when I was three!!" I am feeling guilty like I should go get him a goldfish or something. What do I tell the kid..

A) he died
B) he ran away, with his entire cage
C) or the truth, donated him to the school (not the science lab)

I could always remind him that we still have a loving dog, who loves to snuggle.

4 comments:

liesel said...

He got abducted by aliens?

Anonymous said...

You'll find that they can have a vivid memory about things that bring pain. Your Nanny told her son Wendell, Loren and Tim, that she was taking the dog to the buthcer! I think she meant that he was going to be in dog heaven, and have lot's of food, but I thought it was to ground him up as hamburger. Opa

Anonymous said...

Next time take him with you to the school and tell him he can go visit his pet that he is sharing with the kids at school. My mom told me when my dog died and I asked if he went to Heaven, that if Jesus knew I would be happier having "Chubby" in Heaven with me, he would be there It satisfied my child's heart. You are a good mom!!

Anonymous said...

that last comment was me Oma. Sorry