CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend




The support group that I am a part of (M.E.N.D.), for moms that have lost a child, met on Saturday for an interview with News on 6. They had us talk about what we will do to remember our loss on this Memorial weekend. I have had a couple days to think on it, and especially yesterday when we went to visit the grave of my Grandpa, and my cousin who passed away after only 9 days, and I thought of my nephew, and of my own son. I feel that I don't need one day out of the year to remember, I remember every day. It is hard. I think of my Grandmother, who at 93 feels she doesn't have much time here, would love to be close to family members, yet people think she is loosing her mind and can't voice her desires. So she continues to live alone, day after day, hoping someone will come to see her, and hoping when it is her time to meet the Lord, she won't be alone. I hope if I make it to her ripe age, my children will listen, and not think for me. Anyway, I had time this weekend to think of my loved ones who have made it to heaven before me, and those who are close to meeting Him. I am grateful, I am blessed.

3 comments:

Dalene said...

Nanny is a peach.

liesel said...

That is so....Dad...to have a frisbee over his face....isn't it?

RoverHaus said...

You gotta love family!