CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Date Night




Tonight Juan took Evi to mow with him so she could earn some money for her church camp this weekend. So, since Juan and Evi were out, I took Sebastian on a little date as well. We went to get a snow cone. I asked Sebastian to get his shoes on, and he did, but complained of the shoes hurting his blister. So.. he tried 3 different pairs on, and they all hurt his blister, so I finally decided to let him wear his slippers on our date. He asked me to pop it with the matches ( since he knows I burn the needle before popping them), I guess he's used to it by now. I can't figure what shoes are giving him blisters, I wish they made special shoes for people with our condition. Non-blistering shoes, I'd make a fortune just off my family!

8 comments:

liesel said...

Ouch. I'd buy a pair. I'm sorry Sebastian.

Katie said...

Ouchy!!! Do you guys have flat arches? Maybe would a flip flop help?! Neil recommended Crocks... Maybe try rubbing something like vasoline on the spot that's rubbing the blister?? Or get an extra snow cone to make it feel better :)
Hope to see you guys soon!!

RoverHaus said...

I like the extra snowcone idea best!

Rebecca Rovenstine said...

Maybe its because everyone else that has commented didn't bring it up because they have kids and are use to it, but man that blister looked GROSS! and I cannot imagine sticking a needle in it! OWWW! Your kid is brave! I probably can never have kids, I couldn't do that.

kt said...

Hi Mrs.Marlita! I'm so excited to be posting on your blog! I'm sure you are probally wondering who this is so I will not make you wate any longer! Ms.Katie North,my sister Robin told me she found you and I was so excited! Hope to hear from you soon!

Anonymous said...

I want to second, maybe third, the Crocs idea. It might help!? Oh, add our blog to your blogroll and keep in touch with us!
http://www.neilandkatie.com/blog

little dalene said...

I'm with Becca. That's disgusting.

Tim Rovenstine said...

About blisters. I confess that I gave the DNA that causes blisters to the little guy Sebastian. I too growing up had these blisters, once my mother counted 23 blisters on 2 feet. It is worse in the summer. I've tried all medications, shoes, sandals, treatments.
If you'll convince him to gently pop the blister, maybe let him do it. Just RELIEVE the pressure off of the blister, a tiny hole, and slight pressure at night before he goes to bed, DO NOT LET THE SKIN OF A POPPED BLISTER FALL ONTO THE 2ND LAYER OF SKIN UNDERNEATH, THIS IS VERY PAINFUL. When he wakes up in the morning, the blister will slowly disappear, and the skin will serve as sort of protection against shoes. You could try wrapping his feet in some kind of BANDEX, puttkng powder in soft leather, but he'll just have to watch that he doesn't walk long distances, especially in the heat. In the winter, when feet sweat less, it isn't as painful