CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

*Warning.. read at your own risk*

This is a venting session, so if you don't want to hear complaining quit reading.


I am frustrated! I just got done reading a book about a little girl who is abused and then her stepfather ends up killing her. Yeah I know... it started out really good, but then the ending threw me. I guess being that we are waiting foster parents it doesn't help. There is no reason why we should have had two failed placements, and the case worker won't return phone calls, along with others who don't return phone calls. It's frustrating. We have done our homework. It has taken us since August to get everything done we were suppose to, and now we just wait. Frustrating.
It's funny that there are "so many" children in abusive homes, and in shelters... but we are here with a crib, clothes, a car seat, and we wait.
I'm frustrated that money doesn't grow on trees. I wish my husband didn't have to work so hard. I wish I could be debt free. I wish I didn't owe people money.
I'm frustrated that my kids don't get it that if they go out to play in the slushy snow, I'm the one who gets to clean up and make hot cocoa for them to be able to get warm again.
I know it's no fun to hear people complain, but I have had a heavy heart, and I figure instead of taking it out on my friends and family, I would get it out in cyberspace. I already feel better.

Now that I got that over with... I am grateful for a great family, all my nephews and nieces ( all 13 of them). I'm grateful for health, for 2 kids that keep me busy and make me laugh every single day. I'm grateful that I have a good marriage, a home and a car. I'm grateful that my husband has a job and that I am able to be a stay at home mom ( and clean up slushy snow and make hot cocoa, and wipe bottoms), and I am grateful for friends who love and accept me for who I am. I am glad I am a part of a church that I love. I'm grateful that even though my parents live in another country, I still have them in my life. I am blessed, but surely I'm allowed to have days where I'm frustrated. So today I will look out at the snow and think of all the good things and positive things in my life. Philippians 4:8.

3 comments:

Terra said...

Thank you for being honest. Love you girl!

Dalene said...

You're going to get that victory you're looking for! Right now you're in the battle...which must precede the triumph!

You're such a great lady, and I know God is going to use your family in a BIG way. In His time. Love you!

Rebecca Rovenstine said...

Well maybe it is a good sign that there aren't as many children with a need for a foster home. However, for the ones that do it would be a blessing for them to be placed with you!