CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Yummy Recipe

I thought I would blog about a new recipe I tried last night that was a big hit. I got this recipe from a lady in our foster care training. 


Stir Fry Noodles

1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic
1 whole onion
2 pounds boneless chicken 
1/2 c. celery (chopped)
1/2 c. carrots ( shredded)
1/2 cabbage (chopped)
16 oz. rice noodles ( I couldn't find these so I used angel hair pasta, and it worked fine)
2 cans chicken broth
green onions to garnish

I started cooking the pasta before hand. If you use the rice noodles you just have to soak in warm water.
Heat oil, add onions, garlic and saute a little, then add chicken and soy sauce till chicken is done. Add carrots, celery & cabbage ( I added more that the 1/2 cup of veggies) fry for about 2 minutes. Add broth and let it boil about 5 minutes. Pour mixture over your noodles and garnish with green onions. The great thing about this is it makes a lot, and even the kids liked it. Juan put crushed red pepper flakes on his for a kick. 
I am always looking for quick, easy recipes to try. If anyone has one, I would love to try it!

3 comments:

liesel said...

I'm glad it turned out without driving across town for noodles!

Hey, would you do me a favor and remove the word verification requirement for your blog? Half the time it won't let me comment!

Unknown said...

sounds delic. but Pat is a picky eater and doesn't do onions

RoverHaus said...

Oh! That does sound yummy!!! Thanks for the new recipe.