CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 22, 2009


When Juan and I were expecting we never found out what we were having. We think it ruins the fun, like opening your Christmas present before Christmas. I feel that if we were meant to know what we were having, God would have made us with a little window on our belly so we could know what color to paint the walls ;-)
So when we found out we were expecting our second child, we thought of names. If it was a girl she was going to be Lilia Pearl and then we thought and thought and thought of boy names. We couldn't agree on a boy name. I wanted something short, since Evianna had a hard time in Pre-K learning to write her name. Levi, Marco, Max, Bob, Nick.. we could not find a name we could both agree on. Most people don't know that Sebastians first name is Juan, but I didn't want to have 2 Juan's in the house, so we agreed that we would call him by his middle name, since that is kind of a family tradition with the men in my family.
So on a Sunday on our way to church, we agreed that if it were a boy, he would be Juan Sebastian and I went into labor the following day.
So, Sebastian was born the next day. He is now in Pre-K and learning to write his name. I am so proud of him! The thing is.. once he realized how hard his name is to write, he decided he wants to be called "Pete" So here is his name written both ways.


4 comments:

little dalene said...

Oh no! One of my professor's sons did something similar when he was little. There was two Joshes in the classroom so he volunteered to be 'Pedro.' He is my age and people still call him Pedro. Pete could stick!!! Sebastian is a funny kid though. :)

Unknown said...

Pete is easier. But he looks like a Sebastian.

Becca said...

Juan Sebastian Pete Camacho... I love it. :)

Aunt Monica said...

...and also want to have a dragon??
I hope it's not my fault the choice for this name ... but i love watching him enjoying that movie!