CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Update


Some of you know that Malachi had an MRI yesterday. He did so good. I think I cried more than he did. I think what hurt the most was being in the waiting room, seeing families there to support their family members, and me being there alone.
His head has started having it's own growth pattern and the Pediatrician was a little concerned. His MRI showed that his sutures are still open, and the brain has room to grow. She said that operating wasn't the best option, but maybe a little helmet to help re-shape the head.
So we go back in 3 weeks to see if there is any change, and we may be headed (no pun intended) to Oklahoma City for the fitting of a helmet. Please continue to keep this little man in your prayers. I will keep you updated.

6 comments:

Emma Wagoner said...

Praise God~ I'm so happy to read this post.. wearing a helmet instead of surgery is such great news.

Anonymous said...

I wish your mother could have been there to accompany, while I watched Mr. Shawn Wilkins...but we were at an airport in Houston headed to Tulsa.

Anonymous said...

I hope someday little "Kai" is aware of the special love and attention he got with your family when he was a baby. He's so blessed to have you guys.
Love
Aunt Sharon

little dalene said...

Yay Malachi! He's so adorable...I like his uniquely shaped head! :)

Charissa said...

Woudn't he look cute in a helmet?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.