CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Where to begin...

I married the perfect man for me. Notice I did not say "a perfect man", but he is perfect for me. He gets me. He understands me on the days that I don't want to talk, or when I wake him up at 4 am to talk. He has laughed with me, and made me laugh. He has cried with me and made me cry too. But the simple fact is, I am still madly in love with him, and can't believe how blessed I am to have him as my companion in life. 

When we got married, we had only known each other one year. We got engaged after 4 months of dating, and I'm sure that family and friends were questioning why we were so anxious to get our lives started. Evi arrived 13 months later for those trying to do some math :-)
One of our issues has been children. I would love a house full, but I guess God has something else planned. When we decided to become foster parents, we had no idea the work that goes into it. No more date nights, early mornings, more laundry, dirty diapers, spending quality time with other kids, and making everyone in the home feel loved and important. 
But will all that also comes the love we are investing into the life of a little boy. My sister put it very well on her blog titled "Little Man". Juan has really stepped up to be a Daddy to this little guy. I can see that he really cares for Shawn, and I am so glad that Shawn has Juan as a role model.
When I left for 6 days to go to Mexico, Juan was left to take care of 3 kids(with some help from my sister), 2 dogs and he worked. That right there is an amazing man! And when I got back home, he got sick and was apologizing that I had to make him tea, and take his temperature. He realized how busy a mom can be I guess.
He will be 33 this weekend, and I realize that I have been so blessed to have had him in my life 11 years. This month he is taking me on a special trip to celebrate 10 years of marriage, and according to him, go on a honeymoon that we never had. I have an amazing husband, and thank God every day for bringing us together. 

6 comments:

liesel said...

What a priceless photo. He is indeed an amazing man, husband and father. I am so happy you got him.....

Unknown said...

This was indeed a wonderful blog, such honoring words for a well deserved man. I hope Juan reads your blog!! We too are blest with a wonderful Juan In A Million son in law. God had him all picked out for you, Marlita.

Unknown said...

That is a great picture. He is a great man. I am so happy that you found someone like him Marlita. you so deserve it. Love ya.

Dalene said...

It's like my dad says, "He's Juan in a million."

jennifer... said...

Tear-jerking post, girl. I LOVE when spouses get praise! More often all you hear is what a loser he is and I always think "Then why did you pick him?".

RoverHaus said...

Not only is he the perfect man for you, he is the perfect man for our family!

Good job on picking a winner!