CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Someone laughed at me today

Why is it that us mom's never can do anything for ourselves? I was talking to a certain someone today, and I mentioned that I bought myself 3 shirts. All of my shirts have stains or holes in them, and I thought since we are about to go on a great trip, I could splurge and get myself a couple of new shirts.

So I was mentioning to this person ( who shall remain anonymous since you laughed at me), that I felt guilty for spending money on 3 shirts. This person told me that it was okay to treat yourself once in a while to a little treat. For some it is a new purse, or shoes, or even a manicure or pedicure. So when I mentioned that I spent $15 on three shirts, this person started laughing. Why is it that whenever we need to buy diapers, or socks for the kids, or a new school backpack, we have no problem spending the $15. But if it is 3 shirts for mom, forget it! We get a guilt trip for spending the money on ourselves. 
So this whole situation made me realize something. I have spent my whole life looking for a bargain. I love bartering, and seeing what kind of deals I find. So the fact that I bought 3 shirts on clearance, that cost me a whopping $15, shouldn't make me feel guilty, it should make me proud. So to all those Momma's who are always buying things for your kids, do something nice for yourself, look on the clearance rack, and see if there is something there that would make your life a little brighter. Ross has some great deals! And love the people that laugh at you and say "Are you serious? Good for you for buying yourself something!"

4 comments:

tag's team said...

Oh that is so true! I went shopping on Mother's Day at a store offering 40% off all sale prices. Found some good deals for myself and then felt guilty. I then proceeded home to justify my expenditure to B.J.

liesel said...

Remember the Mom's meeting we went to where the speaker talked about an organized way to make sure your purse, shoes and jewelry all match with your outfit? And remember we laughed and said if the shirt doesn't have a hole or a stain, that is the one you pick to go out in.

Tim Rovenstine said...

Wishing you a double Sunday Mothers Day OUT tomorrow.

Rebecca Rovenstine said...

Shirts for 5 dollars a piece!!! WOW, I would pay over 15 for just one shirt typically!

I think I will wait to have kids.