CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

One of my biggest blessings



Juan and I prayed and prayed for this little guy. We thought that we were supposed to adopt, and as soon as all the paperwork was in place, I found out we were expecting. We decided to have another home birth, but this time we decided on a water birth. I loved it! There is something very relaxing about birthing in water.
Today is my little man turns five. I have this sappy thing about watching my kids' birth video on their birthdays, and I still cry. The miracle of birth is an amazing thing.
Last night we had a little pirate party for the birthday boy, and had fun with friends and family. I think no one else remembers the nights I cried for over 3 years, pleading to God to give me another child. Thank you Lord for answering my prayer. Thank you, thank you.
Happy Birthday Sebastian!

5 comments:

The Urbans said...

Happy Birthday Pirate Pete!

Tim Rovenstine said...

Tell him his grandfather in Mexico is a PIRATE. He makes illegal copies of DVD´s....(to give away) like a good pirate.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sebastian!
You get more handsome every year.
Love
Aunt Sharon

PS: Marlita, I'm sure God is smiling at your tears every time you view your birth videos. His heart is moved because of your thankful heart.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. I too was there and even though your dad thought you were going to have a dolfin or shark, it was a special day! Even Jupiter hid behind the moon that night ! You are loved, Sebastian, says your Oma.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Sebastian. He is so cute. It is amazing how God knows the desires of our heart and he gives them to us in His timing. Love ya.