CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First day of school



School is here! Evi is in 4th grade this year, and has 2 teachers. She took a summer math course to help prepare her for the fourth grade. She has several friends in her class from last year, but the most she was happy about was Cowboy Colby. Oh my... Sebastian is in the 4 year old program at the same school. It so happens that when Evi was 4 she was in Miss Hammons class, and when Sebastian was born on a Tuesday we gave Evi the option of either staying home with the new baby, or going to school. She asked if she could take her baby brother to show and tell, and Miss Hammons met Sebastian when he was 10 hours old. Now he is in her class.
Evi has always been Miss Independent, but I was a little worried about Sebastian being such a momma's boy. Well, as I pulled into the school parking lot, I asked if he was excited, and he said "Mom, even my brain is excited!". Once I parked he grabbed his backpack and said that he was fine walking to class alone, since he already knew where Miss Hammons class was. We explained that we wanted to take him all the way, but he was so ready to start school.

7 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Sebastian is so adorable and sweet. I bet you are a proud mommy today!

Unknown said...

The first day of school is always the hardest for Mom, you know. Sebastian will be a winner this year. Can't believe I was there when he was born and now he is in school! His Oma loves him!

Charissa said...

Can't believe our girls are in 4th grade already.

Pan Cratius said...

I too went to school one day, for the first time, I couldn't get the front door open... My brother Wendell helped me;.

little dalene said...

Sebastian is in SCHOOL? No way. I really believe time should just stand still while I am away!

RoverHaus said...

I think my brain is excited for them too!

Becca said...

Evi holding up the '4' is darn cute. And Sebastian... well, he knows how much I like him. :)